Monday, July 26, 2010

VERSES ON THE PURE LAND

Wholeheartedly, I take refuge in the land of ultimate bliss, in Amitabha Buddha.

May his pure light shine upon me, may his kind vows accept me.

I are now mindful, and praise the Tathagata's name.

For enlightenment, I seek birth in Pure Land.

The Buddha originally vowed that if any being wishes to be born in his land

with determination and faith, with even only ten moments of mindfulness
should not be born there, he would not attain supreme enlightenment.

By the cause of this mindfulness of Buddha,
may I enter the Tathagata's great sea of vows.

By the Buddha's power of loving-kindness, may all misgivings be eradicated,
and may all good roots extend.

At the approach of life's end, may I know when my time is up,
may the body have no sickness or suffering,

may the mind have no attachment or delusion, as if within the jhanas.

May the Buddha and the holy assembly, carrying a golden platform,
come to receive me.

May I, within a moment of mindfulness, be born in the land of ultimate bliss.

When the lotus blossoms, may I see the Buddha,
instantly hear the Buddha vehicle, penetrate the Buddha's wisdom,
deliver all beings, and fulfill Bodhicitta.

Homage to the Buddhas of the ten directions and three periods.
Homage to the Bodhisattvas and Mahasattvas.
Homage to the Mahaprajna Paramita.

No comments: