Saturday, July 17, 2010

Part 5 The Refuge and Percepts Ceremony (Final)

The Five Precepts

(Those who are receiving the precepts remain kneeling while the others sit)

(Lay person who wish to receive the selected precepts will reply; Yes I Can)

Master:

Can you abide by the first precept, which is to abstain from taking life till the end of your life?

Lay Person:

(Remain Silent for not yet) or Yes, I can

Master:

Can you abide by the second precept, which is to abstain from taking what is not given till the end of your life?

Lay Person:

(Remain Silent for not yet) or Yes, I can

Master:

Can you abide by the third precept, which is to abstain from sexual misconduct till the end of your life?

Lay Person:

(Remain Silent for not yet) or Yes, I can

Master:

Can you abide by the fourth precept, which is to abstain from false speech till the end of your life?

Lay Person:

(Remain Silent for not yet) or Yes, I can

Master:

Can you abide by the fifth precept, which is to abstain from taking intoxicants till the end of your life?

Lay Person:

(Remain Silent for not yet) or Yes, I can


The Four Great Vows

{All Kneel} (Master recite first follow by lay person) [Thrice] {Bow Thrice at End}

Sentient beings are numberless, I vow to save them all

Afflictions are inexhaustible, I vow to uproot them all

Dharma teachings are boundless, I vow to master them all

The Buddha way is not surpass-able, I vow to attain it


The Threefold Refuse

I take my refuge in Buddha and wish that sentients beings may understand the Great Way where-by the Buddha seed may forever thrive [follow by bow]

I take my refuge in Dharma and wish that sentients beings may enter deeply into the sutra treasure and attain wisdom as vast as the ocean [follow by bow]

I take my refuge in Sangha and wish that sentients beings may reign in Great Multitudes without any obstruction whatsoever and to respect the sacred Sangha [follow by bow]

Lay Person:

Let us bow to the Sangha trice out of gratitude

Master:

Bow once to the Buddha

Lay Person:

Amitabha Buddha











No comments: